In 2012, to celebrate and commemorate the firm’s 50 years in business, BNKJ proudly announced the kick-off of a “50 Weeks of Giving” Campaign, created to give back to the community the firm has been servicing for half a century.
That year BNKJ highlighted – week by week – charities from our community, which received a monetary donation from the firm, as well as a radio spot to highlight the charity on WABE NPR Radio, 90.1 FM. (Click here to listen to an example spot.)
Due to the overwhelming positive response from our clients, friends and our 50 Weeks of Giving recipients, the partners unanimously agreed to continue this annual commitment, which we now call our “Weeks of Giving” campaign.
If you have a charitable organization you would like us to consider as a recipient, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Teri Cloud at 770-261-1900 for more information.
The most current recipients of our 50 Weeks of Giving Campaign are as follows:
- Camp Twin Lakes, providing life-changing experiences to children with serious illnesses, disabilities and other challenges. http://www.camptwinlakes.org/
- Atlanta Children’s Shelter, guiding homeless families to independence through social services and emotional support. http://www.acsatl.org/
- Community Assistance Center, stabilizing our community by meeting basic human needs such as food, shelter, clothing and financial assistance. http://www.ourcac.org/
- Wounded Warriors, honoring and empowering our nation’s wounded warriors, veterans and injured service members. http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
- Zaban Couples Center, helping homeless couples resettle and gain independence by providing basic necessities and counseling. http://www.zabancouplescenter.org/
- Kennesaw State University Foundation, which helps students in need of education and who have experienced hardship in their lives.
- The Cottage School, helping children with special learning needs through academic and experiential programming. http://www.cottageschool.org/
- Atlanta Group Home, which focuses on helping children with disabilities in our community. WEBSITE IN PROGRESS.
- Act 3 Productions, providing opportunities to performers of all ages and income levels to display their talents and artistic creations. http://www.act3productions.org/
- Sandy Springs Society, making worthwhile contributions in the form of grants to other not for profit organizations that go toward funding special community projects, particularly those focused on social services, education, heritage and the environment. http://www.sandyspringssociety.org/
- Fraser Center, providing an inclusive community where people at all levels of ability and disability can gather, learn and flourish together. http://www.frazercenter.org/
- Mary Hall Freedom House, helping women and women with children break the cycle of addiction, poverty and homelessness. http://maryhallfreedomhouse.org/
- American Cancer Society, helping people get well, stay well, find cures and fight back against cancer. http://www.cancer.org/
- Angel Flight Soars, arranging free air transportation for people who need to travel to receive lifesaving medical treatment, but lack the means. http://www.angelflightsoars.org/
- Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, dedicated to making kids better today and healthier tomorrow. http://www.choa.org/
- Leadership Sandy Springs, developing and connecting people to lead and help create a better Sandy Springs. www.leadershipsandysprings.org
- CURE Childhood Cancer, conquering childhood cancer by funding targeted research. http://www.curechildhoodcancer.org/
- ALS Association of Georgia, fighting Lou Gehrig’s Disease through research, care services, public education and public policy. http://webga.alsa.org/site/PageServer?pagename=GA_homepage
- Heritage Sandy Springs, building community through preserving and promoting the historic and cultural identity of Sandy Springs. www.heritagesandysprings.org
- Center for Puppetry Arts, providing educational experiences that encourage creativity and provide accessible, hands-on opportunities to participate in artistic activities. http://www.puppet.org/
- Jewish Federation of Greater Atlanta, providing creating opportunities to build a strong community and better life for Jews at home, in Israel and throughout the world. http://www.jewishatlanta.org/
- Good Samaritan Health Center of Cobb, providing medical, dental, prescription and select social services for patients at or below 200 percent of the federal poverty line and without access to care. www.goodsamcobb.org
- Sandy Springs Conservancy, dedicated to preserving and protecting the greenspace and recreation areas of Sandy Springs. www.sandyspringsconservancy.org
- Covenant House, providing shelter and services to Atlanta’s homeless and runaway youth. http://www.covenanthousega.org/
- Sandy Springs/Perimeter Chamber of Commerce, serving as the champion for a prosperous economic environment that enriches the businesses and communities of Sandy Springs. http://www.sandyspringsperimeterchamber.com/
- Homestretch, helping homeless families in the community get back on their feet and into permanent, sustainable housing through life skills education, supportive housing, volunteer mentoring, and personalized case management. http://www.homestretch.org/
- Drake House, in providing short-term crisis housing, education and empowerment programs for homeless single mothers and their children and assisting the family in working toward housing self-sufficiency. http://thedrakehouse.org/
- Warrior2Citizen, helping veterans successfully re-enter civilian life. http://warrior2citizen.org/
- Reach for Excellence, preparing underserved middle school students for a brighter future through leadership and academic achievement. http://reachforexcellence.org/
- Operation Smile, improving the health and lives of children by providing surgeries for children born with cleft lip, cleft palate and other facial deformities. http://www.operationsmile.org/
- Sandy Springs Education Force, helping disadvantaged public school students excel, finish high school, get good jobs and lead successful lives. sandyspringseducationforce.org
- North Fulton Community Charities, building self-sufficiency and preventing homelessness and hunger in our community. NFCCHELP.ORG
- Act 3 Arts Academy, enriching the arts community by providing opportunities to performers of all ages and incomes to display their talents and artistic creations. act3productions.org
- Live Learn Lead, an evening of education on February 25, 2016 in Sandy Springs. Come here about unprecedented changed coming to our community which will transform how we live and work. LEADERSHIPSANDYSPRINGS.ORG
- Make a Wish Georgia, strengthening the mental well-being of chronically ill children and touching their lives with hope and inspiration. GEORGIA.WISH.ORG
Congratulations to these worthwhile organizations, and thank you for all you continue to do for our community and our world!