Structuring and designing an estate and gift plan is an important part of a person’s legacy to their family, friends, business associates and favorite charities.
At BNKJ, we understand that planning for the distribution of your estate following your death is only one aspect of your plan. Equally important is planning for the accumulation, conservation and enjoyment of your property and assets during your lifetime.
Family wealth planning is much more involved than simply looking at a net worth statement and an estate tax table. We will look at
- Your objectives
- Your family relationships
- Your charitable inclinations and charitable gifting strategies
- Your life insurance needs
BNKJ has developed an asset inventory tool that you can use to your heirs’ advantage. Based on your individual needs, we can help you
- Ease estate administration
- Less administrative costs
- Estimate personal wealth
- Establish a range of potential tax liability
- Identify and locate assets
- Provide current documentation
- Come up with a personalized plan, which may include creating new entities, business reorganizations and/or business recapitalizations
- Conduct business succession planning and valuations
- Evaluate buy-sell agreements
- Find alternative methods of paying and funding the estate tax
- Design an plan for efficient transfer and/or disposition of business interests
- Assist with estate inventory accumulations
- Prepare gift tax returns
- Perform estate accounting
- Prepare fiduciary income tax returns
- Estimate estate taxes under current estate plans
- Strategize various alternatives to the current estate plans and quantify potential tax savings
- Offer charitable gifting strategies
- Evaluation life insurance needs
- Plan for assets with unique estate tax attributes such as retirement plans and life insurance benefits
- Provide trust services such as resolving funding issues, evaluating trust continuation, looking at fiduciary responsibilities for the trusts, and trust accounting and preparation of returns for charitable trusts, unitrusts, annuity trusts, charitable lead trusts, donor advised funds, qualified personal residential trusts, private foundations, etc.
Click here to download a PDF brochure about our Estate, Gift & Trust services.